Gateshead Council learningSkills have been awarded the ESF contract to distribute £1million of Community Grants across Tyne and Wear and Northumberland. Any third sector organisation (voluntary, community, registered charities, social enterprises, mutual and co-operatives) can apply for a Grant.
Organisations can apply for a grant of up to £20,000 to work with people 16 years of age or older to help them move closer to the labour market. They are after innovative projects that push the boundaries in engaging those furthest away from accessing provision and main stream services.
Groups are invited to attend a Market Engagement event that will provide more information about the grant, what it can be used for and how to complete the application form.
The Market Engagement events are:
- Gateshead- Tuesday 3rd December 10-12.30pm, The Dryden Centre
- Newcastle- Wednesday 4th December 9.30-12noon, Blakelaw Centre
- South Tyneside- Wednesday 4th December 1.30-4.00pm, Ocean Road Community Association
- North Tyneside- Thursday 5th December 1.30-4.00pm, Meadow Well Connected
- Sunderland- Tuesday 10th December 9-11.30am, Pallion Action Group
- Northumberland- Tuesday 10th December 2-4.30pm, East Bedlington Community Centre
Organisations can come to any of the events- they are not restricted to the one held in their area. To book in, please visit: https://esfcommunitygrants.weebly.com/how-to-apply.html Tickets (which are free) go on sale the 18th November and close 48 hours before each event. You can also find out more information about the event and the project on the website: https://esfcommunitygrants.weebly.com/