- This event has passed.
Planning for Tenders and Procurement | Monday 22nd July at 9.30am at Royal Quays Business Centre
July 22 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pmFree
PLEASE NOTE the venue for this workshop is Royal Quays Business Centre, Coble Dene, Royal Quays, NE29 6DE (free parking at the rear of the building).
Tenders and bids are regularly required to award contracts in both public & private sectors. A Pre-Qualification Questionnaire (PQQ) or Invitation to Tender (ITT) can consist of many questions and these can also be accompanied by a detailed scoring system by which bids are assessed.
This workshop will provide you with an understanding of how to find opportunities for your product or service, appreciate the Client requirements and help you to prepare a persuasive and convincing bid.
Regardless of tendering experience, the focus of the workshop is to provide simple and easy to understand advice and guidance.
The topics that will be covered include:
• Tendering Portals (what are they, different types of portal, who ‘posts’ tenders?)
• Pre-Qualification Questionnaires (PQQ)
• Public and Private Sector Tender Requirements
• Different Types of Enquiry (e.g. open & closed tenders)
• Client Enquiry and Tendering Documentation (what to look for in the detail… what does
• the Client actually want?)
• Tendering Gap Analysis and Business Processes (if required)
• Pre-Tender Questions (can I ask them and how to ask them)
• Deciding whether to bid? (deadlines/show-stoppers/content/cost-to-bid)
• Bid Writing (understanding the format of submission and how to get your point across!)
• ‘Know Your Competition’ and Unique Selling Points (USPs).
• Commercial Bids and Terms & Conditions (e.g. back-to-back).
• What does tender ‘weighting’ mean?… how important is it?
• Who will review and analyse your bid and what will they look for?
• Post-Tender Clarifications (if something is not clear to the assessor)
• Gaining feedback on your bid (win or lose)
This workshop is open to North Tyneside businesses and residents only due to the funding criteria.