- This event has passed.
Tendering for Beginners Part 2 (Bid Preparation) – 2PM
October 19 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pmFree
Tendering for Beginners Part 2
The 2nd in a 2 Part Workshop, you are welcome to attend this session even if you haven’t done Part 1 (Portals). However if you wish to do both sessions, then it will be beneficial to do them in order.
There’s LOTS of information to take in during Part 2 of Tendering for Beginners, but if you really want to be taken seriously for opportunities with public and private sector contracts, then the value of Michael’s expertise in this session is absolutely priceless!
Preparing and Submitting a Convincing Bid will help you understand:
• Terms & Conditions, Client Requirements and how to prepare & submit a compliant and convincing bid)
• Different Tender Types
• Understanding the Client Documents
• What are Terms and Conditions
• Bid/No Bid Decisions
• Client Questions (product and/or service related; general business related)
• Preparing the Bid (e.g. understanding the format)
• Deadlines and Extensions
• Tender Assessment (scoring schemes & weighting)
• Asking for Feedback (win OR lose)
• A significant part of the Standard Selection Questionnaire (SSQ) is similar for stand-alone tenders as well as the DPS.
• Overview of the DPS Contracts, Expression of Interest and Download of Documents
• Understanding the Requirements of the Council
• Prospective Supplier Information
• Exclusion Grounds (Mandatory & Discretionary)
• Technical and Professional Ability
• Compliance (Equality; Modern Slavery)
• Health & Safety (SSIP, H&S Policy; Risk Assessments; Method Statements)
• Finalisation & Uploading the Application
About Michael Shiel of KMS Business Development and Improvement Solutions The Business Development section is reinforced by more than 25 years of experience in the Electricity Utility and Oil & Gas industries focusing on a widespread variety of sales & marketing activities whilst the Business Improvement section has in excess of 20 years experience in the Manufacturing Sector with extensive knowledge of design, assembly & testing operations.
To book your free place, follow the instructions in Registration Box below to take you through to Eventbrite which handles our bookings.