Sustainability Incubator Programme
Take strides to Sustainability with this fully-funded online interactive programme
“The scale of Sustainability risks and opportunities mean that an environmental management system is wholly inadequate for the twenty-first century; a Sustainability strategy is now essential for all but the smallest organisations.” Gareth Kane, Terra Infirma
Address the issue of Sustainability in YOUR business, with leading Sustainability expert, Gareth Kane of Terra Infirma.
Successful applicants will take responsibility for their own impact on future Sustainability issues and encourage fellow North Tyneside business people to adopt the same.
The Sustainability Incubator Programme is exclusively for North Tyneside businesses, delivered by TEDCO Business Support Limited and fully funded by North Tyneside Council & North of Tyne Combined Authority.
What’s included in the Sustainability Incubator Programme?
- Introduction Understanding the need to embrace Sustainability
- What does Sustainability mean? A broad understanding of the basic concepts and terminology
- Sustainability Strategy. Gain skills to make Sustainability happen in business
- Engagement and communications Learn how to talk Sustainability to different audiences using Green Jujitsu
- Green Products and Services and Marketing Learn how to develop and sell ‘green’ products and services
- Main Project Learn how to put theory into practice by aligning one aspect of the business to Sustainability
- Developing Action Plans
- Project conclusion Peer review of action plans
You’ll leave with:
- A researched and clearly defined Sustainability Project ready to action
- An understanding of what Sustainability means to you and your customers
- The tools to engage your team in belief and action
Dedicate yourself fully each session and we promise you’ll make great strides with North Tyneside Council’s new Sustainability Incubator Programme. Your commitment is to attend 8 interactive and absorbing online sessions (1 session per week) which are delivered remotely via Zoom in a cost-effective, time efficient and low carbon manner.
You will also spend some one-to-one time with Gareth Kane, to help you develop your sustainability thinking and plans for your own situation.
You will also be introduced to North Tyneside Council’s Carbon Reduction Award Scheme – you can read all about that here.
Apply today so we can review your application. We expect take up to be high and you’ll hear the outcome of your application very soon.
Our Sustainability Expert
Gareth Kane is one of the UK’s foremost sustainability and corporate social responsibility practitioners. He is the author of five books on sustainability including The Green Executive and Green Jujitsu. He hosts the Green Academy online training course and the Corporate Sustainability Mastermind Group (CoSM), a peer-to-peer learning group for Sustainability practitioners from leading organisations.
Gareth has appeared as a media pundit on sustainability issues on the BBC Six O’Clock News, Countryfile and The Politics Show. He contributes to numerous on-line publications including CSRwire, Management Issues, 2Degrees and bDaily.
In 2008 The Journal newspaper named Gareth as a ‘Rising Star, Future Leader’ for his work on sustainability. He has a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from Cambridge University and a Master’s Degree in the Eco-Design of Large Made to Order Products (eg ships, oil platforms) from Newcastle University. He is a Member of the Institute of Engineering and Technology and a Chartered Engineer.